- Provide client care, evaluate functional needs, and provide consultation with other. healthcare specialists as needed within a community-based exercise environment.
- Participate in research studies supported by the facility.
- Continue education in order to develop skills by attending company continuing education events and approved professional courses.
- Direct the assistance of support staff to achieve optimal client participation in the exercise classes.
- Incorporate participation of a family member or caregiver whenever it seems appropriate to optimize and continue the participation of the client in the exercise program and ensure and provided a safe exercise environment for all the clients within the class.
- Is committed to the YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee’s Child Abuse/Neglect Prevention efforts as a mandatory reporter.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Valid and Current state licensure to practice physical therapy.
- A minimum of 1-year clinical experience in working with individuals, preferably in an out-patient setting.
- Graduate of an accredited Doctor of Physical Therapy program, preferred.
- Geriatric specialty, experience with Parkinson’s Disease and/or physical & rehabilitation medicine work, preferred.
- Current CPR certification - Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers through American Heart or American Red Cross.
- Current in contemporary physical therapy best practice through educational workshops, continuing education, etc.