The Staff Physical Therapist is an individual who has graduated from an accredited school of Physical Therapy with a minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Physical Therapy. The Physical Therapist must also possess a current license to practice physical therapy in the State of Ohio and who has successfully passed the National Physical Therapy Examination (NPTE).
- Examines and evaluates patient’s physical therapy needs. In collaboration with the patient and/or caregiver, formulates a physical therapy diagnosis, and develops a treatment plan with treatment goals directed towards maximizing function.
- Demonstrates competency in all clinical knowledge and skills specific to the patient case type(s) in assigned area of care.
- Consults with other members of the health care team to insure coordination and effectiveness of therapies provided.
- Assists in implementation of triaging, prioritizing, monitoring admissions, referrals, and discharges to and from the service as assigned.
- Manages patient caseload assigned.
- Participates in activities that directed towards increasing knowledge and skill and professional development.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited physical therapy program with a minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Physical Therapy, Masters Degree in Physical Therapy, or Doctorate of Physical Therapy.
- Must possess a current unrestricted license to practice physical therapy from the State of Ohio.
- Successful completion of the National Physical Therapy Examination (NPTE).
- Current BLS certification upon hire.