Amedisys is a leading provider of home health, hospice and high-acuity care, dedicated to helping patients and families navigate the complex healthcare system. With a focus on compassionate, patient-centered care, you would be joining a team of professionals committed to improving the lives of those they serve.
- Current license to practice physical therapy specific to the state you’re assigned to work in.
- Graduate from an accredited physical therapy educational program as set by the Commission on Accreditation of Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
- One year related physical therapy experience for PTs entering home health care to ensure that knowledge and skills are sufficient to safely provide physical therapy services to patients.
- If less than one year of experience, approval from regional clinical leaders is required as well as appropriate mentoring and/or participating in a residency program.
- Current CPR certification.
- Responsible for helping patients maintain, restore and improve movement, activity and function.
- Provides interventions, conducts reexaminations (every 30 days, at minimum), modifies interventions as necessary, and performs discharge planning.
- Other duties as assigned.