Responsible for the physical therapy management of patients under the direction and supervision of the Rehabilitation Services Director.
- Evaluates patients and interprets evaluation findings to determine the nature and extent of dysfunction. Establishes treatment goals and plans treatment to achieve established goals.
- Initiates discharge planning from physical therapy. Implements the treatment program through direct treatment of the patient, may delegate a portion of the treatment plan to appropriate supportive personnel, and coordination of the treatment plan with other health care personnel as appropriate. Provides advice and education to patient and family. Regularly assesses clinical signs and symptoms to determine effectiveness of treatment, progress of patient towards goals, and the need for modifying goals and treatment.
- Discharges patient from physical therapy when the patient has received maximum benefit from physical therapy. Provides accurate, timely documentation of physical therapy patient management. Demonstrates progress toward meeting the criteria for professional practice.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Graduate of an accredited physical therapy curriculum with a bachelors or masters or doctoral degree with certification in physical therapy or foreign-trained equivalent by date of hire.
- Physical Therapist License (California) required at hire.
- National Provider Identifier required at hire.
- Basic Life Support required at hire.