Reports to Therapy Department Leadership. Evaluates patients, plans treatment programs and performs physical therapy procedures to restore function, prevent disability, reduce pain and maximize potential and quality of life following disease, injury or surgery. Participates in departmental programs and activities and serves as a role model of quality clinical practice. Serves as a resource to staff, rehabilitation teams, and Interns.
- Completes appropriate assessment per physician's orders and diagnosis or based on patient's report and symptoms for direct access patients.
- Develops individualized treatment plan including time based functional goals.
- Reassesses the patient and modifies treatment plan appropriately with respect to objective findings.
- Communicates directly with physician regarding any requests for changes to physician prescribed therapy.
- Assures prescription is current.
- Oversees and supervises patient treatment planning with therapy assistants.
- Follows all practice act and regulatory guidelines for assistant supervision and patient management.
- Begins D/C planning at the time of evaluation.
- Incorporates skills learned at continuing education/in-services into daily practice.
- Requires familiarity with use of modalities and equipment needed to complete standard treatments offered.
- Requires tact and discretion when working with patients, families, and physicians.
- Maintains current BLS certification.