Chloeta is seeking a part-time Physical Therapist to aid patients in Sanostee, NM for 4-6 hours one day per month during the school year. The purpose of the Individual with Disabilities Education Improvement Act (IDEIA) program is to improve academic achievement of students with disabilities and to introduce strict accountability measures holding schools, districts, and states responsible for the academic results of student with disabilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Physical Therapy evaluations and three year re-evaluations.
- Plan and implement a type of care which will entail PT goals and objectives.
- Participate in IEP meetings for student receiving PT services.
- Be available to parents during parent/teachers conferences to answer questions they may have regarding the PT services and program at designated School.
- Provide in-service to teachers and educational assistance on a need basis.
- Provide training to parents and staff so that they can become familiar with the PT program and share techniques that teachers and parents can do to help children with gross motor development.
- Train Para-professional to assist with the PT goals and exercises.
Education and Experience:
- Required: Graduate of an approved physical therapy program in the U.S.A. with a preference for a Master's or Doctorate degree.
- Required: Possess a current, valid, unrestricted license in Physical Therapy from any USA state.
- Required: Compliance with all federal mandates, State Board of Education regulations, local policies and state physical therapy licensing requirements as applicable to providing physical therapy services to students with special needs.
- Required: Possess and maintain a current driver's license in any state.
- Required: Provide three (3) professional references at the time of application.