- Performs initial and ongoing assessments of patient's condition.
- Establishes a plan of care which is appropriate to problems identified and involves the patient according to his or her capabilities and desires.
- Plans, prepares and carries out individually designed programs of physical treatment to maintain, improve or restore physical functioning, alleviate pain and prevent physical dysfunction in patients.
- Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard physical therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the age and condition of the patient.
- Directs and supervises physical therapy assistants, students, and other support personnel. Assesses competence, delegates specific tasks, and establishes channels of communication.
- Administers treatment involving application of physical agents, using equipment, moist packs, ultraviolet and infrared lamps, and ultrasound machines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Therapy Required and validated by the presence of a current KY PT license.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days of hire.
- Current licensure with the KY Board of Physical Therapy.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.