Two years of Previous Physical Therapy Experience Preferred.
Personal vehicle is routinely used for company business, home visits or required for the position. The employee is responsible to maintain KY minimum limit of insurance coverage on the personal vehicle and maintain the vehicle in good operating condition.
Motor vehicle record check required and will be performed annually.
Valid Kentucky driver’s license required.
Licensed Physical Therapist (active or temporary) in the Commonwealth of Kentucky required.
Job Specific Performance Standards:
- Plans and administers medically prescribed physical therapy treatment for patients to restore function, relieve pain, and prevent disability.
- Review’s physician referral (prescription) and patient’s condition and medical records to determine physical therapy treatment required.
- Tests and measures patient’s strength, motor development, sensory perception, functional capacity, and respiratory and circulatory efficiency, and records findings to develop or revise treatment programs.
- Plans and prepares written treatment program based on evaluation of patient data.
- Documents treatment, response, and progress in patient’s chart or enters information in computer.
- Instructs patient and family in treatment procedures to be conducted.
- Evaluates, fits, and adjusts prosthetic and orthotic devices and recommends modification.
- Confers with physician and other practitioners to obtain additional patient information, suggest revisions in treatment program, and integrate physical therapy treatment with other aspects of patient’s health care.
- Orients, instructs, and directs work activities of assistants, technicians, and students.