- Conduct an in-person comprehensive physical therapy assessment on all Eldercare participants upon enrollment. Coordinate with the interdisciplinary team to develop a comprehensive plan of care for each participant.
- Conduct an in person physical therapy reassessment on an annual basis and as needed
- Participate as a member of the interdisciplinary team, communicating participant changes, collaborating on care planning decisions and coordination of 24 hour care delivery. Actively participate in the Intake and Assessment meetings.
- Assess the need for adaptive durable medical equipment, specialized shoes and prosthesis. Assess participant’s home for safety and mobility. Recommend home modifications and or equipment.
- Administer physical therapy treatment programs consistent in achieving identified goals and according to recognized standards and policies. Confer with interdisciplinary team on participant care issues.
- Educate and instruct participants/family in procedures, home programs and document training and understanding by participant/family
- Confers with physicians and other disciplines to assure complete and integrated program.
- Current Florida State PT License. BLS or CPR Certification.
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Program in accordance with state licensing requirements.
- 12 months of clinical work experience and a minium of 1 year working with a frail or elderly population.