The Physical Therapist organizes, conducts and oversees medically prescribed physical therapy treatment programs in the Physical Therapy Department to improve patient function and prevent disability following disease or injury. Helps patients reach maximum performance within the limits of his/her capabilities.
- Evaluates patients per MD orders and develops patient-specific plans of care that include short and long term goals to help rehabilitate patients to maintain, improve or restore physical functioning, alleviate pain and prevent physical dysfunction in patients.
- Implements plan of care in a safe and supportive manner. Interacts with the patient regarding condition, progress and/or achievement of goals during each treatment session. Documents treatments and patient response. Communicates changing patient needs to physician.
- Evaluates effects of treatment at various stages and adjusts treatments and short and long term goals to achieve maximum benefit. The outcome of care provided and progress toward the goals are documented.
- Directs, supervises, assesses and communicates with physical therapy assistants and rehabilitation techs. Delegates responsibilities appropriately. Works in collaboration with the transdisciplinary team, patient and family
- Provides education to transdisciplinary team, patient and family concerning diagnosis, treatment and post discharge care. Provides training and supervision of therapy techniques and objectives for members of the transdisciplinary team and students (if applicable).
- Plans/organizes work to maintain caseload, effectively schedules patient treatment sessions, maintains patient records and charges. Assures that equipment is maintained and is in clean and working order. Reports equipment maintenance and/or repair timely.
- Experience: Two years of experience in an acute care or LTACH setting is preferred.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in physical therapy from an accredited school is required.
- Licensure/Certification: Current license as a Physical Therapist is required. Current BLS certification is required. All Physical Therapists must maintain current licensure and BLS certifications while employed with LifeCare Hospitals.