- Provides consultation on behalf of children/students with suspected disabilities.
- Evaluate gross motor, neuromuscular/musculoskeletal systems, and functional mobility of children/students with known or suspected disabilities.
- Completes and presents written evaluation reports to parents and school districts within required timelines.
- Develops and implements, as part of the IEP/IFSP, a treatment plan to meet the unique needs of each child/student.
- Creates and provides individualized physical therapy interventions for children/students on caseloads.
- Reevaluates each child/student’s treatment program and revises objectives and program when necessary.
- Communicates with medical professionals, serves as liaison between medical professionals and school staff, and obtains required physical therapy prescriptions.
- Serves as a primary service provider/designated case manager for children/student’s whose primary disability needs are physical therapy-related.
- Provide information and training to staff and parents related to a child/student’s disability and/or functional development.
Need to Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required.
- Valid license as a Physical Therapist in the State of Michigan.
- Experience working with pediatric populations preferred.
It is the policy of the Berrien Regional Education Service Agency not to discriminate in its policies and practices with respect to compensation, terms, or conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, height, weight, marital status, political belief, genetic information, disability or handicap which does not impair an individual's ability to perform adequately in that individual's particular position or activity.