The physical therapist will implement school board and special education policies and procedures in accordance with the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and the Nevada Administrative Code (NAC) for students with disabilities under the general direction of the Special Education Administrator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain accurate records and provide annual progress reports as needed.
- Work professionally with administrators, staff, parents/guardians, and community.
- Maintain a safe and orderly therapy area.
- Consult with outside agencies/therapists regarding therapy reports (parents/guardians permission).
- Participate in other job-related duties and activities related to the position as assigned.
- Adhere to professional, ethical and legal standards of practice.
- Develop, implement and coordinate the physical therapy program within the LEA including philosophy, vision, departmental procedures and goals.
- Evaluate student using appropriate tests, skilled professional observation and supplementary information from other agencies and records.
- Interpret assessment findings and appropriately convey information to parents and school teams.
- Guide the learning process toward achievement of established IEP goals.
- Participate as an active member with other faculty and staff.
- Develop a climate that promotes positive learning conditions.
- Communicate with parents/guardians regarding plans for educationally related physical therapy services.
- Communicate effectively both written and orally.
- Maintain and improve professional competence.