Responsible for evaluation and development of treatment plans to restore, maintain or prevent decline of disabilities, injuries and diseases in accordance with the orders of the referring physician. Supportive of the Village’s mission, values, and service/hospitality (PRIDE) expectations. Completes training as required by policy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs assessments and establishes a plan of care. Treats patients or directs treatment of patients referred for physical therapy services by written order of the patient’s physician.
- Established appropriate treatment plan based on problems identified in the evaluation.
- Communicates with physician regarding the evaluation results and establishes a plan of care according to the physician orders.
- Communicates with the patients and responsible parties concerning the treatment program.
- Teaches patient and families regarding therapy plan of care.
- Evaluates effects of therapy treatments by observing, noting and evaluating patient’s progress; providing medically necessary treatment plan and modifications.
- Maintains documentation for each patient in compliance with policies and regulations.
- Direct and supervises the work of physical therapy assistants.
- Participates in Plan of Care and departmental meetings as needed.
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy required.
- Licensed Physical Therapist in MO required.
- Must have a current CPR Certification or must obtain within first 90 days of employment.