This position provides physical therapy patient examination, evaluation, intervention, documentation, parent/caregiver education, communication, and coordination of care with medical/clinical staff and outside agencies as appropriate within the guidelines designated by the department and the Delaware Valley policies and procedures.
- Must be eligible for Delaware licensure.
- Must hold a primary license (DE) license will be required for all clinical positions.
- BLS certification Basic Life Support (within 6 months of date of hire) and must be maintained for duration of employment (American Heart Association). This can be completed at Nemours.
- Member of professional specialty organizations (APTA, State PT Assoc.) preferred.
- Based on programmatic need and licensure requirements may be required to provide inpatient/outpatient coverage at various locations associated with Nemours.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the care of all ages: pediatrics, adolescents, and adults.
- Able to provide physical therapy services to a variety of patient types with recognition of his/her own limitations while seeking appropriate mentorship as needed.
- Completes timely documentation as required by departmental policy #7980.3.3, Joint Commission, and CARF standards.
- Attends meetings related to patient treatment and contributes to discussion as an interdisciplinary team member.
- Consults with other services, families, and outside agencies to recommend durable medical equipment, home/school modifications and transitional therapy program prior to discharge from therapy.
- Maintains knowledge of and familiarity with insurance referral/authorization process and documentation requirements related to therapy services.
- Completes all mandatory training which may include, but is not limited to safety, infection control, corporate compliance, HIPAA, bioterrorism, CPR and program specific respiratory training.