- Assesses the functional abilities and limitations of patient and establishes an appropriate treatment program based on the strength, needs, abilities and preferences of the patient.
- Trains patient in exercises, gait and use of devices. Evaluates progress, attitudes, and behavior as related to their rehabilitation goals.
- Observes and documents the response of the patient to the treatment plan and makes the necessary revisions.
- Promotes and maintains a safe environment of care.
- Performs and documents patient education.
- Supervises supportive staff.
- Shows an interest in professional enhancement and learning new skills.
- Assists in general department operations.
- Responsible for checking emails and online learning assignments (Swank) on a regular basis.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- Baccalaureate degree (or Master/Doctorate) from an accredited school of Physical Therapy.
- Currently licensed by the State of Ohio.
- CPR Certification through American Heart Association required.
- Must be computer literate to complete task(s) as required. Such as MediTech (Hospital Support Software), Halogen (performance appraisal system), Relias (education system), ability to retrieve emails, complete online enrollment for health insurance/benefits and any other programs as assigned.