Responsible for planning and administering physical therapy treatment plans designed to alleviate pain, restore function, prevent disabilities, and promote overall fitness and health of patients. Services may be provided in both a clinical and school environment.
- Provides skilled physical therapy treatment plans in accordance with physician orders and by assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results of patients.
- Assures continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by designing home exercise programs; instructing patients, recommending and/or providing assistive equipment; recommending follow-up programs.
- Promptly and thoroughly documents and maintains clinical and administrative records regarding patient limitations/interventions, treatments, responses and progress to administered therapy as well as discharge summaries.
- Maintain patient records confidentially.
- Records treatment charges daily and completes charge tickets in accurate and timely manner.
- Supervises and directs Physical Therapy Assistants and Physical Therapy Aides in direct patient care and related activities as requested.
- Graduate from an accredited physical therapy program.
- Current Alaska State Physical Therapist license.
- One year as a Physical Therapist or comparable internship.