- Documents the results of evaluations clearly and completely by including all essential elements according to department policy.
- Completes daily progress notes that reflect patients' responses to treatment, actual performance, and an assessment as to status relevant to the treatment plan in addition to eventual discharge needs and treatment summaries if needed.
- Completes discharge notes that include a summary of the course of treatment, progress toward goals, discharge needs, recommendations for follow-up and patient and/or family education.
- Documents clearly, concisely and legibly within established timeframes (e.g., allows other therapists to continue treatment, allows for interpretation by payers, supports reimbursements).
- Documents evidence of patient and family/caregiver education.
- Communicates effectively with patients, families, medical staff, care team members, students, supervisors and outside contacts.
- Contacts families, physicians or other healthcare team members in anticipation of specials needs of the patients or families in a timely manner to facilitate effective treatment plans.
- Bachelor of Science, Physical Therapy. Master’s Degree Preferred.
- BLS certified through the American Heart Association.
- Virginia License required upon start.