- Evaluates, plans, directs, and administers physical therapy programs to restore function, prevent disability, and help patients reach their maximum level of independence.
- Provides assessment of patient condition based on diagnosis from the referring physician.
- Develops and updates an appropriate plan of care in collaboration with the patient/family to assist in returning them to their prior level of function.
- Improves and/or facilitates quality of life through prescribed exercise, hands-on care, and patient education.
- Helps people achieve fitness goals, regain or maintain their independence, and lead active lives.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates sound clinical reasoning in synthesizing data gathered in the evaluation and identifying treatment diagnoses.
- Knowledge of physical therapy techniques.
- Must be able to provide safe, compassionate, and competent physical therapy treatments.
- Must be able to communicate with patients, family, and co-workers in a friendly, supportive manner.