The Department of Neurology is seeking a part-time Physical Therapist to support our Neuromuscular Section during our Muscular Dystrophy Association Clinic. This position is responsible for evaluating, assessing, and developing a therapy plan of care for our patients. Will be available to provide a physical therapy evaluation and participate in creation of treatment plans for any Muscular Dystrophy Association patient at the time of the Muscular Dystrophy Association Clinic.
- Recognizes need for power mobility devices, adaptive seating, and other equipment while assisting with the prescription of these devices.
- Performs assessments for compromised skin integrity and joint contractures.
- Performs physical assessments including muscle strength testing, range of motion, 6 minute walk test, hammersmith functional motor scale, revised upper limb module.
- Participates in multidisciplinary clinic, with collaboration with neurologist, clinic coordinator, and social worker to create a customized treatment plan for each individual patient.
- Prescribes exercise and stretching plans for preventing and managing pain.
- Performs standardized physical exams to monitor function over times.
- Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited institution.
- No experience required.
- Licensed Physical Therapist by the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners or eligible to practice physical therapy in the State of Texas.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.