The Physical Therapist will provide a comprehensive, coordinated, “pre-habilitative” training program designed to meet the unique physical needs of a rated fighter aircrew.
- Provide pre-habilitation of all affected aircrew who request the services of the OHWS Specialist.
- Analyze all aircrew members for the potential of worsening any existing injury.
- Provide all forms of “primary” injury (acute and/or dutylimiting) prevention services; to include but not limited to: physical capacity as well as new member assessments, personnel health education, nutrition advising. Preventative services desired include but not limited to: the latest techniques associated with physical therapy, massage therapy, spinal adjustments.
- Provide an initial assessment and shall include pertinent data such as individual fitness assessment results, physical therapist results, feedback sessions, unique training plans, and any modifications to the plan based on the physical performance status of the aircrew.
- Provide follow up and revisions, as required, to individual training plans as throughout the year as the member’s situation changes/progresses.
- Bachelors of Science in Athletic Training and/or Masters of Science in Physical Therapy, NATA Member (if Athletic Trainer),ATC and PT License, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) to include Automated External Defibrillator(AED) training/certification, NATA and PT continuing education compliant.
- Evidence pf working directly with workers’ compensation employees under the supervision of a Licensed Physician or Physical Therapist. 2.
- Must be a current Licensed Physical Therapist and hold a degree from an American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) accredited institution specifically for “Physical Therapy.” No other degree will be accepted for this position.
- Must have experience working with professional and/or collegiate athletes, or equivalent. A minimum of four (4)years’ experience is desired.
- Must have experience working in an orthopedic out-patient physical therapy clinic or sports medicine clinic. A minimum of four (4) years’ experiences desired.