The Staff Physical Therapist reviews patient charts, performs initial assessments, develops treatment plans, administers physical therapy treatments and modalities, monitors progress and documents treatments performed with patients (including discharge planning and patient education) in order to increase overall functioning, reduce discomfort, increase or maintain flexibility and range of motion/strength, and achieve other medical and therapeutic goals.
- Communicates patient's status to the referring physician and other health care team members.
- May serves as a clinical instructor for physical therapy students as well as residents and fellows in a specialty area of physical therapy.
- Maintains professional license/registration through steady pursuit and participation in appropriate continuing education and professional development opportunities to satisfy requirements for licensure/registation renewal.
- Performs physical therapy assessment, reassessment and treatment and supervises physical therapist assistants in the treatment of pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients referred by a physician to the clinic. Develops plan of care including goals and treatment plan in accordance with physician referral, nature of injury/illness and results of physical therapy assessment. Modifies or adjusts plan of care based on patient's response to treatment and/or changes in patient's status. Works PTAs to adjust patient programs as patient status changes.
- Rotates through selected treatment areas when necessary to facilitate organizational needs.
- Must possess knowledge and skills required to provide quality customer service.
- Must possess knowledge of normal human growth and development over the lifespan.
- Must be able to read, understand, analyze, and interpret medical record documents.
- Must be skilled in planning/organization, follow up/control, delegation, problem solving, self-development orientation, organizational behaviors/competencies, and stress tolerance.
- Must possess the ability to apply principles of logic and strategic thinking to a wide range of problems, and to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Must possess effective written and verbal communication skills.