- Performs and documents initial and ongoing assessments of patient's condition.
- Establishes a plan of care which is appropriate to problems identified and involves the patient/family according to their capabilities and desires.
- Educates the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits. Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from therapy services and treatment setting. Provides information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and support programs.
- Supervises and delegates the care provided by physical therapy assistants according to established licensing laws, state regulations and practice standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy required. Preferred: Master's or Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy.
- State licensure as a Physical Therapist. Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider.
As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status.