- Current Washington Education Staff Associate (Physical Therapist) certificate is required and must be on file prior to beginning work.
- Major in Physical Therapy.
- Ability to construct and utilize a wide variety of adaptive equipment.
- NDT (neurodevelopment therapy) training
- Proficiency in a second language
- Ability to exhibit multicultural and ethnic understanding and sensitivity with the ability to communicate effectively with all cultural groups in the school community
- Experience working with a diverse student population and the specific school demographics
- Desired characteristics are: flexibility; ability to organize ideas, time and materials to accomplish goals; enthusiasm; ability to express ideas clearly and understand concepts being discussed ability to learn new ideas and skills; ability and willingness to develop favorable relationships with students; and willingness to model behavior deemed appropriate by the school district and the community.