The Physical Therapist will carry out an individualized program of physical therapy including examination, assessment, treatment, planning, education, and communication to maximize a patient's progress toward achieving functional goals. The Physical Therapist will maintain a positive working relationship with other health professionals and staff.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts physical therapy practice within defined standards of care.
- Administers tests and measures to determine extent of patient’s impairment, patient problem list, and the prognosis for improvement.
- Designs, implements and adjusts plan of care based on patients’ functional needs, examination findings and prognosis.
- Directs support staff to ensure a positive patient experience, safe work environment and achieve patients’ functional goals.
- Provides objective, analytical documentation specific to each patient ensuring that it is clear and accurate for all visit types involved with patient care, patient/family education, and relevant communication.
- Practices the standards of physical therapy care including but not limited to use of durable medical equipment (DME), providing patient education, use of modalities, providing therapeutic procedures, and providing manual therapy.
- Participates in quality improvement efforts including but not limited to chart reviews, education programs, in-service, program development, and community events.
- Complies with hospital and departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Knowledge and skills to care for the physical and developmental needs of the age groups receiving services.
- Demonstrated technical skills and judgment to function unsupervised.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to remain calm in emergency situations.