Under direction, to plan, develop, and perform physical therapy for physically disabled children up to age 21; and to do related work as required.
Example of Duties:
- Plans and carries out a full range of physical therapy involving specialized skills for neuro-muscularly, orthopedically, and physically disabled children.
- Interviews patients and parents.
- Evaluates patient's physical condition.
- Reviews clinical records, medical prescriptions, and/or physician referral to develop treatment plans.
- Observes patient reactions and notes changes.
- Adopts and applies treatment procedures for severely disabled children.
- Instructs parents in the proper use of wheelchairs, crutches, canes, braces, and prosthetic devices and appliances.
- Modifies treatment plans in response to significant changes in patient's condition.
- Devises or adapts equipment as required.
- Maintains treatment records.
- One (1) year of responsible work experience as a professional physical therapist which includes pediatric work experience.
- Possession of valid registration as a Physical Therapist issued by the State of California.