- Communicates patient's status to the referring physician and other health care team members.
- Attends and actively participates in staff meetings and in-service education programs.
- Assists Team Leader(s)/Assistant Facility Director(s), Facility Director, or Program Coordinator in performance review process.
- Performs physical therapy assessment, reassessment and treatment and supervises physical therapist assistants in the treatment of pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients referred by a physician to the clinic. Develops plan of care including goals and treatment plan in accordance with physician referral, nature of injury/illness and results of physical therapy assessment. Modifies or adjusts plan of care based on patient's response to treatment and/or changes in patient's status. Works PTAs to adjust patient programs as patient status changes.
- Graduate of an accredited program approved by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA).
- Demonstrated clinical expertise in a specialty area preferred.
- Previous clinical teaching experience preferred.
- Program development experience and ability preferred.
- Must possess knowledge and skills required to provide quality customer service.
- Must possess knowledge of normal human growth and development over the lifespan.
- Must be able to read, understand, analyze, and interpret medical record documents.
- Must be skilled in planning/organization, follow up/control, delegation, problem solving, self-development orientation, organizational behaviors/competencies, and stress tolerance.