DMU is seeking a physical therapist to provide direct patient care to individuals with physical impairments and/or functional limitations in outpatient clinic setting. The physical therapist provides an evaluation and screening of all systems, coordinates a physical therapy program and provides treatment intervention within the DMU Physical Therapy clinic or the DMU Physical Therapy Clinic and Sports Performance Center.
What you’ll do:
- Provides quality care by completing, assessing and interpreting evaluation and test results and implementing a physical therapy treatment plan to meet the patient’s goals and needs.
- Evaluate, record, and report on patients' progress for review by other members of the rehabilitative team in accordance with Medicare and DMU documentation guidelines.
- Perform administrative duties including marketing/networking with stakeholders of PT services, annual peer chart reviews and quality improvement activities.
- Attend and lead in-service education and clinic activities as directed by the clinic manager and Clinic Administration.
- Provide clinical educational opportunities for students of physical therapy, podiatric medicine and osteopathic medicine along with job shadows for healthcare professionals.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited physical therapist program, plus 3 years of experience in an outpatient or sports therapy setting preferred.
- Experience in working with pelvic physical therapy preferred. Additional training and mentoring is available.
- Able to safely lift, push, pull and carry objects and patients as associated with patient care. Must be able to perform repetitive standing, sitting, squatting, bending and twisting as associated with patient care. Ability to safely lift and physically manipulate patients.
- Must be licensed to practice as a physical therapist in the state of Iowa.