Responsible for evaluation, assessment, goal-setting, and planning of physical therapy treatments for patients referred by a qualified healthcare practitioner appropriately licensed in the State of Texas. The physical therapist shall supervise the administration of treatments and physical agents in an effort to maximize performance and level of function by restoring function, ensuring safety, and preventing disability following injury, disease, or physical disability. Reports to Physical Therapy Director. Non-Exempt position.
- Directs the department’s certified staff, including Physical Therapy Assistants and Physical Therapy Aides.
- Observes and evaluates treatment effect, recommends change to healthcare provider as needed.
- Performs an appropriate assessment on all patients as related to the therapy requested and provided. Performs reassessments as required. Patients include neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, geriatrics and the general patient population.
- Assesses patient pain interfering with optimal level of function or participation in rehabilitation - makes appropriate contact with healthcare provider for intervention.
- Formulates a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning, and includes family in teaching as appropriate.
- Bachelor of Science Degree of an APTA accredited University required.
- Currently licensed by the Texas State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners.
- One year of previous experience in all aspects of physical therapy preferred.
- Current BLS for healthcare provider’s required.
- Develops and implements effective treatment programs in consultation with healthcare provider. Treats patients in accordance with Physical Therapy standards of care and practice.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to healthcare providers, staff and administrative team.