The Physical Therapist is responsible for providing quality Physical Therapy services to patients and contract facilities. This includes treatment, provision of education, appropriate documentation, and patient/family communication for the purpose of assisting the patients achieve optimal functional level and quality of life in an interdisciplinary rehabilitation setting. The Physical Therapist Assistant reports directly to the supervising licensed therapist and the Director of Rehabilitation.
- Participate in screening individuals in compliance with policy and procedure.
- Ensure plan of treatment is developed and initiated by the attending physical therapist.
- Obtain and communicate the appropriate data necessary for the attending physical therapist to engage in treatment planning and the development of appropriate goals.
- Maintain documentation according to Brighton’s policy and procedure for content and timeliness.
- Respond pro-actively to the needs of the assigned facilities/entities.
- Must be a graduate of an approved physical therapy assistant program.
- Must demonstrate professional competency as a general practitioner of Physical Therapy related to the duties appropriate for an assistant level therapist.
- Must hold appropriate certification and license as a Physical Therapist.