The Staff Physical Therapist, the Physical Therapist II, reports to the Clinical Supervisor, Physical Therapy and provides both direct and indirect patient care services. The P.T. II works primarily with adult and geriatric patients from diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds, although pediatric and adolescent may also be treated. Under general direction and upon receipt of written referrals, the P.T. II plans and administers a full range of physical therapy services for patients with a variety of physical and cognitive impairments and disabilities.
- Minimum of 12 months experience as a licensed therapist.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to recognize signs of distress.
- Possession of or proven eligibility for CPR certification.
- Basic computer skills in word processing and online communication.
- Possession of good interpersonal, time management, problem solving and self-initiation skills.
- This position requires flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations.
- Prior physical therapy experience in an academic medical center environment.
- Prior experience working on an interdisciplinary health provider team.
- Possession of a degree or certificate in Physical Therapy from an accredited professional educational program.