Friendship Village of Schaumburg is currently hiring for a part time Physical Therapist in our Outpatient Rehab Center. The Physical Therapist assesses the need for, develops, and delivers physical therapy programs to facilitate rehabilitation. The Physical Therapist identifies the need for and makes referral(s) to other disciplines to address the comprehensive needs of patients. They implement individualized therapy programs designed to restore, reinforce, and enhance performance.
- As necessary or applicable, supervision of Physical Therapy Assistants, temporary licensees, students, and support personnel in accordance with state licensure requirements and professional standards.
- Responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of rehab services; adherence to an established plan of care, department, and patient(s)' schedule, and timely documentation of services.
- Attends and contributes to patient care, staffing conferences, and other related meetings.
- Makes referrals to other disciplines and agencies to address the comprehensive needs of the patient.
- Consults with other members of the rehabilitation team to select the most appropriate therapeutic regimen consistent with the needs and capabilities of each patient.
- Adapts the program and/or plan of care according to the needs of individual patients.
- Promotes a safe environment and enforces the elimination of fire and safety hazards.
- Orders supplies and equipment as necessary.
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapist (PT) therapy program.
- Current IL State Licensure.
- CPR Certified.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Results-orientated with strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with therapy documentation (NetHealth).
- Must pass a medical and physical examination based on job qualifications, requirements, and duties/responsibilities.