Responsible for the evaluation of patients, determining plan-of-care and goals of treatment, participating in treatment of patients within the scope of Physical Therapy. Provides oversight to therapy assistants and students in following the plan-of-care and treatment of patients appropriate to the age of the patient served; provides supervision to therapy aides and volunteers. Works as part of a patient care team toward the best outcomes for the patient.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates assigned patients and establishes a treatment plan and goals, using data from a variety of sources, such as patient records, interviews, observation, and team members.
- Completes patient treatment according to plan of care and modifies plan to meet patient needs, and updates plan as appropriate.
- Completes documentation accurately, timely, according to regulatory and state licensure requirements, and within professional standards.
- Collaborates with other healthcare professionals as necessary to ensure smooth continuous care of the patients. May act as a liaison with nursing, medical and other therapy staffs to facilitate problem solving and coordination of other services and act as an educational resource.
- Mentors and provides oversight to new employees, physical therapist assistants, and therapy aides. Provides instruction and training to students.
- Actively develops and maintains professional and clinical skills. Participates in staff meetings, patient care meetings, educational in-services, caregiver orientation and other professional activities. Maintains awareness of policies and procedures and performance standards.
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate from a Physical Therapy program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education required.
- Current Physical Therapist license from the State Physical Therapy Licensing Board.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification.