- Administers direct patient care in accordance with the written and signed prescription of the referring physician or other State authorized practitioner.
- Utilizes appropriate evaluation techniques with efficiency and thoroughness.
- Designs a treatment program to achieve established goals.
- Makes accurate observations of patient tolerance and/or status during treatment and demonstrates the ability to modify a treatment program as needed.
- Responds appropriately to established department emergency procedures for patient safety and care, when necessary.
- Submits required documentation in accordance with the policies and procedures of the department.
- Participates in quality improvement chart reviews and activities.
- Attends family meetings/conferences and interacts with members of the inter-disciplinary staff pertaining to the welfare and management of assigned patients.
- Master's Degree required, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Current License to practice as a Physical Therapist in New York State required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, required.