Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide physical therapy services to residents in accordance with established standards of practice, Company procedures, Therapy Department procedures and productivity standards.
- Adhere to Company procedures regarding documentation and billing of physical therapy services.
- Demonstrate sound judgment in the evaluation, planning, implementation and follow-up of resident therapy programs.
- Conduct screening of residents at regular intervals to determine need for intervention/treatment.
- Conduct timely screening of residents referred to physical therapy to determine need for intervention/ treatment.
- Evaluate residents to obtain data necessary for treatment planning and implementation.
- Conduct specialized evaluations as indicated.
- Develop treatment plans by establishing short and long-term goals and methods to achieve identified goals.
- Interpret and communicate evaluation findings, treatment plan and recommendations to residents, families/ responsible parties and interdisciplinary team members.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the public.
- Knowledge of elderly ill and/or disabled.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
- Basic understanding of following step-by-step procedures.
- Follows and understands written and oral directions.