Physical therapists examine each person and then develops a treatment plan to improve their ability to move, reduce or manage pain, restore function, and prevent disability.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Master of Science or Doctorate in Physical Therapy from an accredited program.
- Successful completion of National Certification Examination.
- Valid PT license in state of practice.
- Reviewing patients’ medical histories.
- Diagnosing patients by observing their movements and listening to their concerns.
- Developing individualized treatment plans for patients.
- Outlining clear goals for patients and the expected outcomes of the plan.
- Using exercises, stretching, equipment, and hands-on therapy to manage patients’ pain, increase mobility, and prevent further pain and injury.
- Educating patients and family members about the recovery process.