The Physical Therapist plans, organizes, and directs Physical Therapy Services in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations, and as may be directed by the administrator, to assure that the highest degree of quality resident care can be maintained at all times.
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, evaluates, and directs physical therapy, as well as its programs and activities, in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care facility.
- Meets with the administration, medical and nursing staff, as well as other related departments in planning therapy services.
- Develops and maintains physical therapy standards.
- assumes the authority, responsibility, and accountability of directing the physical therapy service.
- Determines the staffing needs of the physical therapy department necessary to meet the needs of the residents.
- Assists the administrator and/or the personnel director in recruiting and selecting competent physical therapy personnel.
- Provides guidance and training for new and/or less experienced personnel.
- Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited college or university.
- Holds current license and/or registration in the state (as applicable).
- No experience required.
- Must have a COVID-19 Vaccination completed.