NWH is recruiting for a per diem physical therapist in the acute care/inpatient setting, to cover shifts on both weekdays and weekends. Broad availability for multiple shifts during the week and availability to cover 2 weekend shifts/month is required. This position can offer up to 40 hours a week with flexible start and end times. We will work with interested applicants on a schedule that meets their needs/finds work-home life balance. This position also offers an onboarding and mentoring period to meet the applicant's experience, skills, and comfort in the acute care setting.
In this role, the PT will:
- Perform examinations, development treatment plans and establishes treatment goals with patient input.
- Perform and apply interventions for follow-up visit.
- Carry a caseload that they independently manage.
- Provide care to adult med/surg patients, with majority in general and complex medical, post-op orthopedics, post-op general and vascular surgery, and other areas as needed (such as ICU, Emergency Department).
Candidates should have primary attributes that include:
- Strong willingness to collaborate closely with their fellow physical therapists, occupational therapists, and other members of the clinical and non-clinical care team.
- Being flexible and willing to adapt to evolving requests/priorities during the work day.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Commitment to understand and fulfill the mission and goals of Inpatient Rehab Services and NWH as a whole.