The physical therapist is responsible for examining, evaluating and developing a treatment plan for patients with functional limitations and disabilities. PT’s provide consultation to healthcare providers regarding a patient’s continuum of care. The individual in this position is required to appropriately interact with all patients regardless of age or culture and to adhere to the Corewell Health customer service standards.
- Direct patient care: Provides a Physical Therapy evaluation, incorporating patient treatment: evaluates, interprets findings; develops treatment and discharge plans; implements treatment, re-evaluates, educates patients and significant others; meets productivity
- Documents: evaluation results, treatment and discharge plans and daily treatment according to all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and professional standards of documentation; submits charges for services provided.
- Maintains verbal, written and electronic communication and collaborates with interdisciplinary treatment team, referral sources, physicians, and 3rd party payors.
- Participates in leadership functions: community outreach, CQI, marketing, cost containment, program development, PTA/AT/aide/student supervision; teaches staff, physicians and others.
- Professional development: Attends staff meetings; maintains and improves competence through self-study, attending in-services and continuing education programs. Clinical education to students.
- Evaluate, consult and implement an appropriate treatment plan for each patient. Accurately documents treatments and charges for self and assigned support staff.
- Serve as a resource of information and treatment skill for less knowledgeable staff, provide student supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Therapy required. Masters or Doctorate Degree preferred.
- Written or verbal communication skills required. Word processing and computer skills required. It is preferred that pediatric therapists have NDT certification and competency in serial casting.
- Michigan State License in Physical Therapy required.
- BLS certification required.