The ACP Physical Therapist is responsible for carrying out an individualized program of physical therapy including assessment, treatment, planning, implementation, education, and communication to maximize the patient's progress toward achieving functional goals.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides direct patient care, evaluates functional needs and outcomes, and consults with other specialists as needed.
- Reviews patient's functional needs and adjusts plan of care as indicated to ensure optimal patient outcome.
- Designs and implements a plan of care for the patient based on a thorough assessment of potential development.
- Conducts therapy practice within defined standards of care.
- Ability to combine evidence-based practice with immediate onsite access to care.
- Effectively communicate information to patient, clinician, referring physicians, etc.
- Maintains the medical record for each patient and is knowledgeable regarding regulatory requirements.
- Ensures a safe and clean physical environment.
- Works with referral and insurance sources to obtain information needed to file insurance claims, facilitate understanding with patients and to work within assigned benefits as needed.
Education / Training / Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- Doctor of Physical Therapy degree.
- Current State licensure to practice as a Physical Therapist.
- Current CPR certification.
- Clinical Experience (Preferred).