Responsible for evaluation, planning, directing and administering physical therapy modalities of treatment as prescribed by a licensed physician. Administers treatments and physical agents as prescribed by a referring physician in an effort to restore function and prevent disability following injury, disease or physical disability. Assists patients to reach their maximum performance and level of functioning, while learning to live within the limits of their capabilities.
- Graduate of accredited school of physical therapy required.
- Current registered physical therapist license in the State of Texas required.
- Current BLS certification required.
- Organizational skills is necessary.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, administration, and physicians.
- Prefer outpatient rehabilitation experience.
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practice.
- Responsible for direction of the Physical Therapy Department certified staff, including Physical Therapy Assistants and Physical Therapy Aides.
- Ability to observe and evaluate treatment effect, recommends change to physician as needed.
- Ability to perform an appropriate assessment on all patients as related to the therapy requested and provided and reassessments as per policy. This includes geriatric patients and the general patient population.
- Formulates a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning, family is included in teaching as appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge of physical therapy modalities.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and family.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly. Maintains department cleanliness and safety.