- Provide evaluation and therapeutic interventions.
- Oversight of and collaboration with the Physical Therapy Assistant.
- Develop and implement goal oriented treatment plans.
- Apply the use of therapeutic modalities and new integrative techniques and technologies for the purpose of evaluation and ongoing treatment.
- Design treatment plans to meet patient/clinical objectives to maximize restoration of physical and adaptive roles and functions.
- Design, fabricate, or recommend adaptive equipment and/or orthotic devices to improve function.
- Provide patient/family education on injury/disease process and its effect on function, joint protection, energy requirements, ergonomic needs, activity modification and progression of function or changes in impairments.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- A Personnel Security Investigation is required.
- This position has specific initial background investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its duties require interaction with children and youth under the age of eighteen (18) years of age on a recurring basis.
- Selectees will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position subject to pre-employment screening and random drug testing. Selectees will be required to consent to participation in random drug urinalysis testing.
- A pre-placement medical examination is required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.