The Physical Therapist will function as an integral member of educational teams providing direct service, consultation, and evaluations to a range of students with special education needs. Therapists will carry a caseload as assigned by the Program Supervisor and Supervising Therapist in conjunction with other therapy team members and/or local school districts.
- Conducts diagnostic evaluations of children and adolescents as needed by districts or programs.
- Provides education and counseling about sensory, motor, cognitive-perceptual-motor, and adaptive equipment issues to families and other team members.
- Makes recommendations for and provides services to address conditions which may affect a student’s ability to function in an education system.
- Participates in the team evaluation and IEP development process.
- Implements student IEPs Communicates effectively with LEA’s, student families, and other team members.
- Consults with classroom staff to assist in the design of therapeutic programs and supports.
- Develops and models appropriate strategies.
- Assists in the development of, and participates in, in-service programs.
- Attends staff meetings as required.
- Maintains documentation of physical therapy services provided to students.
Education and Experience:
- Current American Physical Therapy Association Registration.
- Massachusetts Licensure.
- Valid Driver's License.