This position is in the Physical Therapy Department, within the Sensory and Physical Rehabilitation Service Line. The majority of clinical duties and responsibilities are carried out in the Rehabilitation Clinic with additional services that may be required throughout the medical center.
- Provides Physical Therapy on the CLC units for patients with physical and/or functional disabilities limiting independent mobility and function.
- Provides therapy on a coverage basis in the outpatient as staffing requires.
- Collaboratives plans independently and develops and implements professional physical therapy practices including patient care, staff development and student clinical education experiences while recognizing cultural diversity.
- Evaluates and provides care management to patients with complex medical conditions; physical, psychosocial and cognitive dysfunction.
- Evaluates and treats patients appropriate to diagnosis and age.
- Uses effective clinical judgment and evidence-based practice characteristics to identify, monitor, and enhance clinical reasoning to minimize errors and enhance patient outcomes.
- Applies highly specialized Physical Therapy skills, concepts, and rehabilitative techniques to meet complex treatment objective for patients whose illness is acute, critical, and/or chronic.
- Has advanced training in the discipline of Physical Therapy through continuing education with certification, specialized experience, and/or general experience in direct patient care.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job.
- All applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- You may be required to serve a probationary period.
- Subject to background/security investigation.
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.