Responsible for developing and implementing treatment programs according to the plan of care, administering modalities, training patients in therapeutic exercise, transfers and gait training and conducting treatments using special equipment/assistive devices. Monitor the work of support personnel such as Physical Therapy Assistants.
- Develop and implement the daily plan of care and administering clinical treatments.
- Instructs patients, families and other caregivers in the skills and techniques of the physical therapy treatment program.
- Instruct, motivate, safeguard and assist patients as they practice exercises and functional activities.
- Confer with physical therapy staff or others to discuss and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, and coordinating treatment.
- Observe patients during treatments to compile and evaluate data on patients' responses and progress.
- Secure patients into or onto therapy equipment.
- Maintains appropriate and timely documentation in all patients treated electronic medical record.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required).
- And 1+ years Prior experience.
- Education Specialization: Physical Therapy accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Master of Arts or Science.