The Staff Physical Therapist is responsible to plan, organize, develop, and direct physical therapy services to assure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
- Evaluates patient based on developmental norms of population served (See Erickson’s definition of age
- groups, III. Patient Population Served).
- Follows treatment plan established during initial evaluation.
- Treats patients as instructed by referring physician.
- Positions and transfers patients safely during treatment.
- Monitors patients before and during therapy treatment and adjusts treatment accordingly.
- Recognizes need for appropriate equipment and fits patient properly.
- Ensures that patient is aware of his/her right to refuse treatment.
- Educates patient as to the nature of their injury and discusses with them the prevention of further injury.
- Keeps department head aware of atypical patient and/or staff incidents.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Must possess leadership ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional personnel.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a bachelor’s degree in physical therapy from an accredited college or university.
- Must be licensed in the State of Wisconsin.
- CPR certified.