The Emergency Department Physical Therapist provides a wide range of physical therapy assessments and treatments to patients in the E.D. and the PACU (post-anesthesia care unit) in order to restore function and prevent disability following injury, surgery, or disease. The E.D. Physical Therapist also plays a key role in disposition planning and recommendations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Adapts evaluation appropriately based on the age and cultural background of patient.
- Reviews medical history and adjust clinical decisions based on information.
- Completes thorough and effective evaluation.
- Administers appropriate standardized and non-standardized assessments.
- Develops age appropriate and reasonable plan of care.
- Sets reasonable and appropriate client-centered goals.
- Adapts treatment appropriately based on the age and cultural background of patient.
- Implements appropriate and timely treatment based on evaluation of patients' physical and psychosocial needs.
- Graduate of APTA approved curriculum.
- Licensed as an Physical Therapist in State of Indiana or eligible to do so.
- Possesses a minimum of two years’ clinical experience applicable to setting.