- Consistently demonstrates a professional, empathetic, service-oriented delivery of healthcare to patients and their families.
- Consistently demonstrates a professional and service-oriented delivery of service to internal customers such as physicians, and employees
- Effectively manages external and internal complaints.
- Promptly responds to patient or internal requests, communicates information to supervisor to help resolve issues of service.
- Effectively evaluates, treats, delegates, documents, and discharges patients according to service guidelines and accepted practices.
- Adheres to organization, and department policies and procedures.
- Adheres to Federal and State regulatory laws and rules.
- Completes required medical education requirements in area of practice and scope within organizational role.
- Participates in program and service improvement.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited program in the therapy discipline.
- Must possess or be eligible for State of Tennessee licensure in that disciple.
- Must possess current certification in CPR.
MTBJ is an equal opportunity employer. MTBJ conducts background checks on applicants who accept employment offers. MTBJ adheres to HIPAA and OSHA safety guidelines.