- Registered Physical Therapist in the State of Michigan.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and cooperatively with parents and other team members in special education.
- Experience with children, plus knowledge in child growth and development.
- Ability to communicate and work positively with children, other professionals and parents.
- Knowledge of a variety of physical therapy intervention techniques.
- Knowledge of psychomotor and readiness assessment tools.
- Experience working with families in home-based and center programs.
- Knowledge of adaptive equipment for transporting.
- Work experience and/or experience with cognitively impaired.
- Organize a comprehensive physical therapy program in concert with other team members.
- Set up and order equipment for physical therapy.
- Assess and schedule students and parents and also initiate a treatment program with physician’s order.
- Work cooperatively as a team member with occupational therapist, speech therapist, and teaching staff to facilitate optimum experience for the child.
- Act as liaison between school districts, physicians, families and agencies regarding the physical therapy needs of students with special needs.
- Construct and adapt physical therapy equipment to meet the needs of the individual child.
- Teach and instruct teachers, aides and other professionals in the proper handling and techniques for the child.
- Evaluate students’ needs and provide appropriate services.
The Macomb Intermediate School District is an equal opportunity employer and is in compliance with all state and federal non-discrimination laws and regulations including the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. Applicants seeking employment may request reasonable accommodation under ADA and may be subject to post-offer physical examination and background check with the Michigan State Police Department.