The Physical Therapist will demonstrate evidenced based decision-making ability to effectively screen and assess students and implement educationally relevant services for assigned caseload, demonstrating Best Practice Skills in school based Physical Therapy.
- Assessments: Completes screening or “Request for Therapy Assistance” as asked by the educational team. Selects, administers and interprets assessments to determine functional skill level of students. Generates a written report for initial evaluation, reevaluation and annual progress reports in a timely manner and presents reports at IEP Meetings. Establishes students’ goals and benchmarks and updates benchmarks according to Special Education guidelines.
- Service Delivery: Implements educationally relevant services for assigned caseload. Actively participates in team meetings, IEP meetings, and student community appointments as indicated. Ensures equipment is properly fitted to students and in good working order. Completes safety checks per departmental guidelines. Organizes, shares, and utilizes work area cooperatively.
- Program Administration and Management: Prepares and efficiently manages a weekly schedule. Ensures that an initial diagnosis is on record prior to therapy intervention. Updates student caseload on department database monthly. Maintains complete working student files per departmental guidelines. Maintains a record keeping system for student attendance and progress.
Experience / Knowledge:
- Possess the ability to work with a variety of students.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and written.
- Demonstrates flexibility with job responsibilities.
- Able to function with minimal supervision.
- Previous Pediatric School based or clinic based physical therapy position or field work experience is preferred.