The Physical Therapist will develop and carry out a program for the maintenance of students with physical disabilities within the Loudoun County Public School System by establishing and maintaining communication with physicians, therapists, parents, and others dealing with the student with disabilities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To provide students with disabilities therapy in the following areas: range of motion, posture, gait, strength, motor development, and functional abilities.
- To function as a member of an interdisciplinary team whose purpose is to provide an appropriate educational programming for students with disabilities.
- To keep essential recortds/data necessary for efficient operation.
- To maintain a close liaison with medical doctors.
- To be available for consultation with school peronnel and parents.
- To adhere to the Code of Ethics of the American Physical Therapy Association
- To complete Monthly Medicaid billing for submission as required.
- Performs related work as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy and/or Certificate of Physical Therapy from an approved school of Physical Therapy.
- Licensed in the state of Virginia by the State Board of Medicine.
- Membership in the American Physical Therapy Association is recommended.